Friday, February 24, 2012

The 10 Best Things About Being A New Mother

To balance my last post on the 10 Hardest Things about Being a New Mother, I wrote this post.  Again, they are in no particular order.

Ella smiling at us.  Photo taken on February 22, 2012 (1 month, 4 days old)
1.  Having my daughter smile at me. (whether it is intentional or not).


2.  Seeing my husband interact with and love our daughter.

3.  Watching my daughter sleep beside me at night.
Ella trying hard to stay awake.  Photo taken on January 26, 2012 (8 days old)

4.  Kissing her precious little head.

5.  Feeling her breathe on me while she sleeps on my chest.

6.  Watching her learn new things every day.

Dave & Ella. Photo taken February 22, 2012 (1 month, 4 days old)
7.  Being needed by her.

8.  Listening to her make her wonderful little noises.

9.  Watching her grow bigger and bigger and develop more into her looks each day.

Ella & I.  Photo taken January 18, 2012 (1 1/2 hours old)
10.  The way it feels so right, her being a part of our family.  I wonder how we ever felt like our family was complete without her in it.

4 comments:

  1. Everything changes when there's a newborn in the family. We learn to appreciate the small things. Look at that adorable smile of your baby, so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Ella smiling is my new desktop background. What a lovely list Amy! Especially the last one....Thanks for providing the counter-balance to the first list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I can't wait to see Ella again! That smiling face is SOOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO I came across this blog on bloglovin' and realized we had the same blog name :) Let me just say.. you're little girl is beautiful! and Ella is an adorable name! I hope you enjoy being a mommy and feel free to stop by and see my blog :) rookiewife520.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete